Prediction of the head of the IMF at the level of Vanga (5 photos)
On the eve of 2020, economic forecasts were distributed by everyone and sundry. Most of these predictions in connection with the coronavirus pandemic have already turned out to be untenable. Nevertheless, some companies and analysts assumed non-standard development of the situation this year. They seemed to foresee and foresee something.
We bring to your attention 5 economic forecasts that have already come true.
1. Experts and analysts at the Japanese Mizuho Bank predicted a fall in world oil prices below zero. The arguments in favor of such a scenario were the lack of oil storage facilities in the world and the fall in demand for oil consumption in 2020. Agree, they looked into the water, but then they laughed at him, twisting it at the temple.
However, on April 20, oil futures dropped to minus $37.63 per barrel of West Texas Intermediate (WTI) oil.
Perhaps, it is worth taking a closer look at the predictions and analytics of Mizuho Bank in the future.
2. In October 2019, the new head of the IMF (International Monetary Fund), Kristalina Georgieva, in her keynote speech, announced the impending global financial crisis, which will be comparable in scale to the Great Depression of the 30s of the XX century.
And so, 2020 shows that the rapid decline of the economy inevitably occurs in all countries.
As for this forecast for Russia, there is nothing comforting there. As Marshal Zhukov said, “the Germans lost a tank, and we lost 20 tanks, but we won the battle.”
3. Well-known billionaire George Soros at a Paris conference back in 2018 predicted an impending global financial crisis. It is worth noting that he did not name the date, saying only that this would happen in the near future.
4. The most influential economist in the world according to Forbse, New York University economics professor Nouriel Roubini, in 2019, described in detail the impending economic crisis of 2020.
Nouriel Roubini linked the coming crisis to China and the United States.
5. Pessimistic forecasts in 2019 for 2020 were given by Bank of America. The American financial conglomerate presented disappointing results on the future of the US economy, which is now significantly sagging.
- By the way, while preparing this article, I had to revise and re-read a large amount of material. It was fun. Approximately 80% of forecasts from various foreign analysts, brokers, top managers, analytical companies, banks were quite optimistic.
Forecasts of domestic experts – ministers, all kinds of analysts, brokers, economics professors, bankers of the highest stripes, all kinds of specialists were 95% optimistic or moderately optimistic.
The most optimistic and at the same time failed forecasts for 2020, as it turned out, were made by the Danish investment bank Saxo Bank.
Which predictions to believe and which not is everyone’s business. But it is wise to listen to those whose predictions have already come true. They deserve your attention.